There are 19 owner complaints spread out over 10 years, but the most belong to the 2009.
This generation ranks 26th in reliability out of 45 overall Audi generations.
This generation has been recalled 21 times. It's also part of 13 investigations and has 672 TSBs.
- fuel system vehicle hesitating as though not firing properly in the 2009 A3 at 29205 miles
- lights dimming headlights in the 2009 A3 at 100 miles
- transmission mechatronic stopped working in the 2010 A3 at 25080 miles
- AC / heater ac not working in the 2004 A3 at 37282 miles
- transmission steptronic gearbox skips gears in the 2004 A3 at 54059 miles
- engine timing chain stretch in the 2004 A3 at 67000 miles